In 1954 Charles Carter and George Verhagen began building mahogany-planked, high-speed runabouts in a garage in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. What started as a hobby soon turned into a business as word quickly spread about the two fledgling builders and the high quality of their boats. Combining the first three letters of their last names, the Carver Boat Company was born.
Two years later, the entrepreneurs moved their growing business to Northeast, Wisconsin to take advantage of the area’s dedicated work force and excellent transportation facilities. They built mahogany runabout boats throughout the 1960s, and then added cabin cruisers to their expanding line. In the 1970s, the switch was made to fiberglass, with additional advances that included larger, twin inboard powered cabin cruiser designs culminating in the successful 33’ Mariner.
By the 1980s, Carver had been acquired by new owners that enabled the company to expand sales beyond the Great Lakes region and truly become a recognized leader in the luxury motor yacht market on a national scale. In fact, the Carver aft cabinmotor yacht was first introduced during this period and became synonymous with the Carver brand.
The 1990’s also witnessed the introduction of the elegant and upscale Voyagerlong-range cruiser series as well as the Montego series of stern drive cruisers. In 2000, the largest Carver Yacht was introduced—the 57’ Voyager Pilothouse.
Today, Carver Yachts continues to lead the industry in creating spacious, highly functional, and dependable world-class cruising vessels. From 34’ to 50’, Carver Command Bridge and Coupe models are setting new standards for design and performance that are redefining what a cruising yacht should be.
Carver & Marquis Yachts
790 Markham Dr
Pulaski, Wi 54162